This is a reminder that there is still time to complete the Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) requirements associated with your Colorado naturopathic doctor credential. Colorado Statute states that naturopathic doctors with an active credential must meet CPC requirements before renewing that credential. The next expiration date for the current registration period is June 30, 2022.
If you received your initial credential during the current period (July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022), you are not required to complete any CPC for this renewal.
When renewing your credential, you will attest to how you complied with CPC requirements for the registration period (July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022). CPC requirements can be met by one of three methods:
- The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program is administered by the Director of the Colorado State Office of Naturopathic Doctor Registration
- Complete the Reflective Self-Assessment Tool (RSAT).
- Establish learning goals and create a Learning Plan to accomplish those goals.
- Accrue 25 Professional Development Activities (PDA) in line with your Learning Plan and retain documentation of the completed activities.
- A minimum of 13 PDA must be earned in the Coursework PDA category. (If treating pediatric patients, refer to the CPC Program Manual for the regulatory requirements).
- No more than five (5) PDA may be earned in a single PDA category, with the exception of the Coursework category.
- PDA is equivalent to clock hours. One PDA is equal to one clock hour (60 minutes).
- Deemed Status
- If you meet the continuing professional competency requirements of an accrediting body or entity approved by the Director, you may be able to claim Deemed Status.
- Active Duty Military Exemption
- If you were called to federally-funded active duty for more than 120 days to serve in a war, emergency, or contingency, you might be eligible for an exemption from CPC requirements.
- There is no limit on the number of CPD hours that may be completed online. All 25 PDA hours may be completed online.
- More information on CPC requirements may be found at our website: colorado.gov/Naturopathy/CPC. There you will find detailed information about the CPC program and the Director’s requirements.
This is not a notification of audit. Audits of compliance will be conducted following the end of the registration period. If a selected registrant does not comply with the audit, disciplinary action for failure to comply with requirements may be considered by the Director.
***PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT DOCUMENTATION UNLESS YOU ARE AUDITED***
Please direct questions about continuing professional education to dora_dpo_continuedcompetency@
Continuing Competency Program
Division of Professions and Occupations, DORA
P 303.894.2363| F 303.869.0329
1560 Broadway, Suite 1350, Denver, CO 80202
Do not reply to this email – this is not a monitored inbox.