DENVER- The Colorado Public Utilities Commission (PUC) will conduct a remote public comment hearing seeking comments on Rocky Mountain Natural Gas’s (Black Hills Energy) proposed rate increase of 39.1 percent, which Black Hills Energy says will be offset by the elimination of a surcharge currently being charged to its customers.
- The public comment hearing is part of Proceeding Number 22AL-0426G.
- The public comment hearings will be held on Friday, March 24, 2023.
- Times: 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., and 4-6 p.m.
- The remote public comment hearing is available through Zoom. To register to participate, please visit Zoom.
- To watch a livestreamed webcast of the hearing, please visit the PUC's webcasts page for Hearing Room B.
- Requests for language accommodations should be made at least one week prior to the event by completing the Language Access Form. Requests can also be made directly by contacting Holly Bise at 303.894.2024 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What You Need to Know
Rocky Mountain Natural Gas (dba Black Hills Energy) provides natural gas for communities on the Western Slope of Colorado. On Nov. 3, 2022, the Commission suspended the proposed effective date of the rate increase until March 7, 2023 and referred the matter to an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) for disposition. Decision No. R23-0036-I, was issued on Jan. 13, 2023, which further suspends the proposed effective date by an additional 130 days, or up to and including July 15, 2023.
Rocky Mountain Natural Gas has a service territory that stretches west from Eagle to De Beque and Collbran, Colo., north towards Craig, near the Wyoming border; and south through Orchard City, Delta, Olathe, Montrose, Ridgway, and Ouray, Colo., along one line, and to Telluride and Norwood, Colo. along a southwesterly line.
If you would like to provide oral comments at the hearing, please sign-up here:
Details on how to access the public comment hearing can be found on the Commission’s Calendar of Events.
Public comments can also be provided by:
- Submitting written comments through the Commission’s Electronic Filing System (E-Filings)
- Submitting written comments using the Commission’s online form
- Submitting through email at email@example.com.
- Mailing comments to the Commission’s offices at: Colorado Public Utilities Commission, 1560 Broadway, Suite 250, Denver, CO 80202
- Calling (303) 869-3490 to leave oral comments (English and Spanish options)
The Colorado Public Utilities Commission (PUC) serves the public interest by effectively regulating utilities and facilities so that the people of Colorado receive safe, reliable, and reasonably-priced services consistent with the economic, environmental, and social values of our state.
The Commission strives to accommodate all members of the public at its hearings and meetings by providing services for foreign language users and persons with disabilities upon receipt of a reasonable accommodation request. Requests for such accommodations should be made at least one week prior to the event by completing the Language Access Form. Requests can also be made directly by contacting Holly Bise at 303.894.2024 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.