DENVER- The Colorado Public Utilities Commission (PUC) will conduct a remote public comment hearing seeking comments on Black Hills Settlement Agreement for its 2023-2025 Beneficial Electrification Plan.
- A settlement agreement in Proceeding No. 22A-0304E regarding Black Hills Energy’s 2023-2025 Beneficial Electrician Plan was reached on Feb. 22, 2023.
- A remote public comment hearing on the settlement is scheduled for March 14, 2023.
- Times: 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., and 4 – 6 p.m. Both sessions will continue until all public comments are received but will end no later than the designated end-times. The hearing sessions will not be held open for public comments after all those who have appeared have provided public comment, even if this means concluding the hearings well before their designated end-times.
- Remote virtual meeting via Zoom.
- The settlement agreement can be viewed here.
- The Commission strives to accommodate all members of the public at its hearings and meetings by providing services for foreign language users and persons with disabilities upon receipt of a reasonable accommodation request. Requests for such accommodations should be made at least one week prior to the event by completing the Language Access Form. Requests can also be made directly by contacting Holly Bise at 303.894.2024 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What You Need to Know
The public hearing is part of, Proceeding No. 22A-0304E, or Black Hills Energy’s 2023-2025 Beneficial Electrification Plan (BE Plan). A settlement agreement was reached on Feb. 22, 2023, which includes:
- Provisions concerning a residential electrification program that updates income qualification levels for the residential income qualified electrification program to align with Commission rules.
- Eligibility requirements for building weatherization programs.
- A budget for the residential income-qualified electrification program.
- Provisions for commercial and industrial electrification programs with incentives to electrify space and water heating.
- Establishing a Whole Home Electrification Pilot program (“Pilot”) that includes numerous terms.
- Provisions concerning a Performance Incentive Mechanism to allow Black Hills to earn an incentive for achieving beyond 100 percent of its BE Plan goal for each year with an annual cap of $30,000, which is approximately the incentive at 150 percent of the Plan’s goal.
- Ongoing reporting requirements.
- Commitments relating to future BE Plan filings.
If you would like to provide oral comments during the hearing, please use the Zoom information posted on the Commission’s calendar of events or this hearing.
Public comments can also be provided by:
- Filing written comments through the Commission’s Electronic Filing System (E-Filings) in Proceeding No. 22A-0304E.
- Submitting written comments using the Commission’s online form.
- Submitting written comments by email to email@example.com.
- Mailing written comments to the Commission’s offices at: Colorado Public Utilities Commission, 1560 Broadway, Suite 250, Denver, CO 80202.
- Calling (303) 869-3490 to leave oral comments (English and Spanish options).
- When submitting public comments through any of the above options, include a reference to Proceeding No. 22A-0304E.