Apply for/Renew a License or Permit

Applying for or Renewing a License or Permit


DORA divisions provide a variety of licenses, registrations, and permits. Generally, these fit the following categories:

  • Business or Professional License: Licenses, permits, and registrations for individuals and business in the fields of healthcare, personal services, banking and finance, transportation, insurance, home improvement, and more.
  • Electrical or Plumbing Permit or Inspection: The Division of Professions and Occupations provides electrical or plumbing permits, inspections for homeowners and commercial properties.
  • Financial Institution Charter: Credit unions, life care institutions and savings and loan associations
  • Commercial banks, money transmitters and trust companies
  • Transportation Permit: Transportation permits registered with the Public Utilities Commission include Charter Scenic Bus, Children's Activity Bus, Common Carrier, Contract Carrier, Hazardous Materials, Household Goods, Luxury Limousine, Off Road Charter, Property Carrier and Towing Carrier.

Use the below table to identify the division associated with your chosen license type or regulatory area. For easier viewing, you can also open the table in a full browser window.

View the full table